Victor young piano dates.

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
larryh
Victor IV

Victor young piano dates.

Post by larryh »

Hello all, I have a record on you tube which appears to be a pretty early Victor Young pianist disc of "Improvisations on Old Songs, and the reverse is Little Shepherd and Crescendo. I don't see another one on the internet, but then I am totally lost at finding many things. I have someone who wants to know when it was recorded but don't know how to find that out, if its even known. When I google it I see my recording shown, but I can't find a Victor Young who would be old enough to have recorded this somewhere I am guessing in the middle teens. Record is 80537.

Thanks
Larry

JMan88
Victor Jr

Re: Victor young piano dates.

Post by JMan88 »

Larry ... One of my favorite discography sites is the Discography of American Historical Recordings from UC Santa Barbara at: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php.

Doing a quick catalog search on 80537 shows an Edison recording from Victor Young of the songs you've listed, which was recorded on March 15, 1920.

Hope this helps !

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Recorded March 11, 1920 per the Edison discography you can download for free from truesoundtransfers.de

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Thanks for those sites and the date. I will try to remember how to find it in the future.

Larry