Guilty

Share your phonograph repair & restoration techniques here
Wes K
Victor I

Re: Guilty

Post by Wes K »

JerryVan wrote:
Wes K wrote:
Marco Gilardetti wrote:Honestly, I think it's a bit pretending. Belonging to the "I know better than you peasants do" serie.

If the teeth might be bent and permanently damaged by simply pulling the file back, goodness only knows what might happen to them by pushing them forward.

Has anyone ever damaged the teeth of a saw by pulling it back perhaps?

So I'll continue to use my files in both directions without any concern at all.
Have to agree with you. Especially considering the cheap mass-produced files most of us have. I have used them in both direction and noticed no detriment in cutting.

That said, I would not use a $40 Swiss-made file in the same manor as a cheap $5 file (last time I bought a file new at retail was at Ace Hardware and they were $5 20 years ago! :lol: )
You guys aren't also needle turners are you????

:lol:
:lol: I understand what you are trying to say, but in reality, with the cheap mass-produced files that you get at the discount tool store it isn't going to matter one bit. Now, spend $40 on just one jewelers file, you are going to treat it like a precision tool, because it is. But the 6-pack of "precision files" sold at Lowes for like $6.99? :lol: Use them any way you want, it is not going to matter!

Wes K
Victor I

Re: Guilty

Post by Wes K »

And what's wrong with turning needles? Those flat spots don't polish out if they aren't turning (really fast in a lathe). :o