A Bunch of Blues by the Original Memphis Five

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Marc Hildebrant
Victor II
Personal Text: Vic-Trolla

A Bunch of Blues by the Original Memphis Five

Post by Marc Hildebrant »

Group,

I found a recording of "A Bunch of Blues" by the Original Memphis Five that was in excellent shape. When played back I was taken by how good the Edison Music from the acoustical era could sound. It's number 29 in my Podcasts.

Marc (Vic Trolla)

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1449838

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: A Bunch of Blues by the Original Memphis Five

Post by FellowCollector »

Does anyone know how to control the volume for these podcasts without having to mess with the volume on my computer? I enjoy these but I see no way to adjust the volume when I click on the link provided.

Thanks,
Doug

Marc Hildebrant
Victor II

Doug,

The Podcast "warehouse" that I use has no volume control per say on the posting. I submit the audio close to the maximum value I can. YouTube and other video/sound software sites often have a volume control on the posting...is that what you mean?

Windows operating systems have a small speaker icon on the taskbar far right that is easy to use for volume control. Are you using the Windows' products' ? If so its easy to adjust the volume.

On my system in my music studio, I use a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Gen 3 digital to analog converter that connects to my Computer via USB. The output from the Scarlett feeds into a McIntosh solid state amplifier which in turn drives two large speaker systems on both sides of my computer monitor.

Marc

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Marc Hildebrant wrote:YouTube and other video/sound software sites often have a volume control on the posting...is that what you mean?
Marc,
Yes. I had hoped to listen to your podcasts without having to adjust the preset volume controls on my computer. I sometimes like to listen when my wife is sleeping or listening to her stuff. It's a little louder than I prefer but I can get some headphones with volume control.

Doug

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

FellowCollector wrote:
Marc Hildebrant wrote:YouTube and other video/sound software sites often have a volume control on the posting...is that what you mean?
Marc,
Yes. I had hoped to listen to your podcasts without having to adjust the preset volume controls on my computer. I sometimes like to listen when my wife is sleeping or listening to her stuff. It's a little louder than I prefer but I can get some headphones with volume control.

Doug
Just wondering why you don't want to adjust the volume control on your computer...? If you change it, you can always change it back... If you get headphones with a volume control, you are doing the same thing - changing the volume on your computer... :roll:

There are no "preset" volume settings, as they are variable like a car radio or stereo... Your computer is not like a phonograph with one set volume level.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

FellowCollector
Victor IV

By "preset" in my comments above I meant that I have the audio settings on my computer where I like them and I don't feel like modifying them simply for short term listening and then going back and resetting. Is it a big deal? Not really. But my point in asking the question was simply to find out if there WAS a way to control the volume in these podcasts as the current volume is louder than I prefer. But that's me. In my opinion, it would be more attractive to have an included volume control on these podcasts as YouTube and Facebook provide so that you don't need to adjust the settings on your computer for short term listening. But it is what it is and now I know.

Doug

Marc Hildebrant
Victor II

Doug,

O.K. and I can understand your desire for an attached volume control to the Podcast.

There maybe a method to add this feature, however at this time the Podcast is a "Labor of Love" for me and I do have to pay a fee to have the Podcasts available to the public so I have picked a simple setup.

Marc

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Good enough, Marc. I appreciate your efforts and I'm sure others do as well. If you should ever decide to post any of these recordings on YouTube please let us (or at least me) know. ;)

Doug