Found: Concert Vulcan Cylinder - Star & Stripes Forever

Buy, sell, or trade your records, cylinders or other recordings here
KCW
Victor II

Found: Concert Vulcan Cylinder - Star & Stripes Forever

Post by KCW »

Anyone have one they’d like to sell? Vulcan seems like they’re always sold out. Conversely, I’d be interested in an original too!
Last edited by KCW on Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Re: Wanted: Concert Vulcan Cylinder - Star & Stripes Forever

Post by Shawn »

Ken,

If you can't find one locally, drop Duncan a note at Vulcan duncan@vulcanrecords.com

I am sure he will get one made for you. It may take a little - materials have been limited during Covid - but they are well worth the wait.

Duncan does such a wonderful job at all of his records. It is an awesome service to the hobby!!!!

Shawn
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Shawn wrote:Ken,

If you can't find one locally, drop Duncan a note at Vulcan duncan@vulcanrecords.com

I am sure he will get one made for you. It may take a little - materials have been limited during Covid - but they are well worth the wait.

Duncan does such a wonderful job at all of his records. It is an awesome service to the hobby!!!!

Shawn
I was going to say the same. They will often make something that's out of stock on request, at least pre-covid.

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

removed by author
Last edited by FellowCollector on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce
Victor III

Post by Bruce »

Ken

I have the 2 min Vulcan # 129 "The Stars and Stripes Forever" which you are welcome to.

I also have several others for sale if you are interested in combining the sipping costs.

Bruce

KCW
Victor II

Post by KCW »

Hey everyone,

I heard from the site owner that fresh cylinders are going to be available any day now. I appreciate everyone’s input! Original Concert cylinders in good shape are pretty tough to come by so looking forward to having the reproductions available soon!

KCW

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

That's great news. Their Concert cylinders are absolutely wonderful -- they look and sound like perfect originals, but are unbreakable. I have one of every title they have made, and look forward to adding to that if they expand their selection. (I've been using "Stars & Stripes" to demonstrate my Graphophone Grand for several years.)

Their Standard cylinders are great too. ;)

KCW
Victor II

Re: Found: Concert Vulcan Cylinder - Star & Stripes Forever

Post by KCW »

Duncan let me know two Star & Stripes were available and just bought one. Thank you Duncan! What an awesome website and product!

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Re: Found: Concert Vulcan Cylinder - Star & Stripes Forever

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Glad to hear it! You'll love that record.