BILL DEAN-MYATT, M.Phil.

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

BILL DEAN-MYATT, M.Phil.

Post by epigramophone »

Still reeling from the loss of Frank James, we have now lost the internationally renowned discographer Bill Dean-Myatt.
In his mid-80's and frail, he had a fall and was admitted to hospital where he contracted Covid-19 and sadly died.
I did not know him well, but I met and talked to him every year at the CLPGS Malvern Weekend, the last time being the 2019 Centenary event when he was confined to a wheelchair. He was still as alert as ever, and always ready to share his vast knowledge.

He collaborated with the late Frank Andrews in their long running series of articles on British record labels, and happily finished it recently. This will be their lasting memorial.
Attachments
Bill D-M.jpg
Bill D-M.jpg (80.02 KiB) Viewed 817 times

CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: BILL DEAN-MYATT, M.Phil.

Post by CarlosV »

Tough times! I briefly met him at the Centennial, but only after reading the above notice I linked him to the work that has been published on For the Record about the British labels, which is very comprehensive and deserves to be issued in a book. My condolences to the family and friends.

old country chemist
Victor II

Re: BILL DEAN-MYATT, M.Phil.

Post by old country chemist »

Yes, another good one gone. I did not know Bill well, but I will always be most grateful to him as he produced the massive book on "BELTONA" records, and myself being a Scotsman, I have many of that make of record.
He will be sadly missed by many in the CLPGS and beyond.

Thanks Bill for all you have done.