Edison Triumph A bedplate vs model "B"

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fmblizz
Victor IV

Edison Triumph A bedplate vs model "B"

Post by fmblizz »

Can anyone tell me the main difference between a Edison Triumph model "A" and model "B" bedplate... Also looking for information on the serial number range of the Triumph "A"s.

Thanks in advance
Blizz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Edison Triumph A bedplate vs model "B"

Post by phonogfp »

Gary,

If you're a member of the Antique Phonograph Society, you can find lots of data on the Spring Motor & Triumph in the December 2019 issue of the magazine. The article is 7 pages long, has 10 illustrations, and 19 footnotes.

To answer your questions briefly, the bed plate for a Triumph A will have 4 small rectangular pedestals where the upper casting rests, plus a threaded hole between the two front pedestals, and another between the two rear pedestals, where the upper casting is secured by machine screws.

The serial range of the Model A Triumphs runs from approximately 30,000 to approximately 50,500. (The Model A Triumphs from approx. 45,000 to 50,500 were supplied with the same cabinets supplied with the Model B and onward.)

Much of the information for the article came from kind members of this forum, and they were acknowledged by name in the article.

George P.

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

Thanks so much George for this information. I'm indeed a member and will look through my archives.

blizz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You're welcome, Gary!

George P.

MikeB
Victor II

Post by MikeB »

phonogfp wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:59 am Gary,

If you're a member of the Antique Phonograph Society, you can find lots of data on the Spring Motor & Triumph in the December 2019 issue of the magazine. The article is 7 pages long, has 10 illustrations, and 19 footnotes.

To answer your questions briefly, the bed plate for a Triumph A will have 4 small rectangular pedestals where the upper casting rests, plus a threaded hole between the two front pedestals, and another between the two rear pedestals, where the upper casting is secured by machine screws.

The serial range of the Model A Triumphs runs from approximately 30,000 to approximately 50,500. (The Model A Triumphs from approx. 45,000 to 50,500 were supplied with the same cabinets supplied with the Model B and onward.)

Much of the information for the article came from kind members of this forum, and they were acknowledged by name in the article.

George P.
I wanted to read this article again but I can't locate my paper copy. Is this issue available electronically online for members somewhere? If not, I will keep looking!

Thanks - Mike

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

MikeB wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:04 pm I wanted to read this article again but I can't locate my paper copy. Is this issue available electronically online for members somewhere? If not, I will keep looking!
Thanks - Mike
Mike,

APS members can go to the website ( https://www.antiquephono.org/ ), click "Library" on the toolbar, then click "Content." There will be a LONG list of resources. For the article referenced above, scroll down to "T" and find "The Antique Phonograph_Publication-2019-12.pdf." Click on it and the entire issue will open for you.

George P.