The Phonograph Shop Update

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
SimpleLifers
Victor O

The Phonograph Shop Update

Post by SimpleLifers »

Hi guys,

The Phonograph Shop

Enough of you have asked where we are with readiness that I thought I needed to share.

We are officially open and shipping orders on most items. There are 1000 baggies of unmarked items that we are figuring out but common stuff we are good to go. We just ask for your patience as we get accustomed to everything.

I have contacted about a third of the suppliers and they are eager to continue and expand the relationships. They love what Ron and now we are doing.

The website is not live yet. This is by design because we cannot set proper expectations with potential slowness with folks that may not know us.

In the future all updates will be published here or to our new Facebook Group The Phonograph Shop https://www.facebook.com/ThePhonographShop/). If you would like to stay informed please follow us there or you can also follow us on Twitter (@PhonographShop) or Instagram (thephonographshop)

The social media outlets will be open platforms and conversation is encouraged. Feedback is always welcome regarding new products, quality improvement suggestions or that they are perfect 🙂. Also, please use them to ask community related questions like ‘where can I find…). We do not make everything related to phonographs but others may and we want to help support their endeavors as well.

Due to the confusion of so many outlets we cannot accept orders via social media so please use our email until the site is up. brian@thephonographshop.com

Take care,
Brian and Julie Parlier

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: The Phonograph Shop Update

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Mr & Mrs Parlier--

Thank you for doing this.
I'm glad the Sitko parts empire is still around, and that the C.A.M.P.S. is now going to be the parts dealers for much of the hobby.

Some of the parts Ron made that were pretty neat--I loved the aluminum pulley he had for the Edison Home. It's a solid machined piece and though it doesn't look prototypical, it improved performance--especially as it's a trifle wider than original allowing there to be no binding on the belt. Couple that up with some of Mr Markus' belting material and it'd make the machine run smooth as silk.

Also--I had great results with all rubber products which he was selling, including the rubber flanges for the Columbia Analyzing, both sizes of tubing, and Victor No. 2 neoprene gaskets. Even the Bry-o-phonic needles compared favorably to expensive brands--I'm picky that way.

Eventually most of my record players ended up as "Sitkolas" due to damage and missing parts, but after a long wild-goose-chase to find a crank escutcheon for an otherwise minty Victor III, I called him up & he was like "yeah--those are ten bucks." And with a bit of "kitbashing" it looks almost identical to a real Victor--just take the shine off with a little steel wool and polish smoothly.

As far as what's available I had no complaints about the quality of the parts.

Thanks
Charles F

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Brian and Julie,

This is great news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop - - talk to you soon!

George P.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Thanks for the update. I look forward to visiting your website once it is up and running.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Great news. Thanks for carrying the torch!

Jerry B.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Just a suggestion for those of us that don't use social media (fb, tw, etc). You might want to post a link to your website(when ready) and also to those other sites, plus email and snail mail and phone contact addresses in the Links section of this forum, of you haven't done it yet. A mention that you're the continuation of Ron Stiko business will also be useful for Search in the forum. Thanks and enormous luck with this wonderful enterprise!
Inigo