Shipping From Stanton's

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
zipcord
Victor I

Shipping From Stanton's

Post by zipcord »

I need to contact Stanton's tomorrow about an auction item I won. I used Live Auctioneers and I need to arrange shipping from Michigan to CA. Does anyone have any advice or experience in this matter?

Thanks in advance!

talking2100
Victor Jr

Re: Shipping From Stanton's

Post by talking2100 »

I also won a few items. I believe the emails said that if you do not contact them to arrange pickup, they will assume you want it shipped and they will use their preferred pack-n-ship provider. If I remember the email, it also said the shipper would be calling you directly to arrange shipping/payment and that it would take up to 3 weeks for them to get all the items over to the shipper.

I haven't shipped with Stanton before, but worked with other auction houses and this is par for the course.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

PM sent.

zipcord
Victor I

Post by zipcord »

well, I got my shipping quote from Pakmail for my Victor Z to make it out here safe in CA - $267. The hammer price was $700, with all the fees and shipping this machine will end up costing me $1249.42. I had never participated in a Stanton's Auction before - I checked that one off my list

talking2100
Victor Jr

Post by talking2100 »

They are a top notch auction. It's not the place to go looking for a deal, it's the place to go typically if you want to find the best.

Even though I say that, if you go somewhere else, such as ebay, the same quality item will be much more expensive. So compared to retail, they typically are cheaper overall.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

As noted in the auction terms, Stanton does not ship, so if you have any beef about shipping costs, it should be with PakMail or whoever else you may have used. Those of us who travel thousands of miles to attend the auction in person, buy multiple items and then bring them home bear a large expense as well. That’s just the reality of the situation, and I truly believe that no auctioneer in the country will give you better, more honest cooperation than Steve Stanton. If you choose not to participate in the future, it’s your loss and our gain.

Raphael

Dulcetto
Victor II

Post by Dulcetto »

Raphael wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 am As noted in the auction terms, Stanton does not ship, so if you have any beef about shipping costs, it should be with PakMail or whoever else you may have used. Those of us who travel thousands of miles to attend the auction in person, buy multiple items and then bring them home bear a large expense as well. That’s just the reality of the situation, and I truly believe that no auctioneer in the country will give you better, more honest cooperation than Steve Stanton. If you choose not to participate in the future, it’s your loss and our gain.

Raphael
Good points , well made. Its much the same situation here in UK , the main packing and shipping agents being Mailboxes Etc. who are not cheap , but hey , they are out there to make a living like the rest of us and they do provide a decent service generally. The only real difference is that attending an auction in person in the UK only involves hundreds of miles , not thousands but same general observations
apply . Regards from England