The EMG ... And How to Sing Opera Correctly

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
CarlosV
Victor IV

The EMG ... And How to Sing Opera Correctly

Post by CarlosV »

I stumbled on this great site, well worth a visit if you are interested in bel canto. Well done, informative and quite entertaining.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/MZT61AsjqwA[/YouTube]

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Re: The EMG ... And How to Sing Opera Correctly

Post by CharliePhono »

Thank you for sharing! I have subscribed to the site.

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Yes! Several of us are lucky enough to know Ziazan. Her work, her passion and her singing are incredible.
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

I had the good fortune to meet and hear this lovely lady at one of Graham's gramophone gatherings.
Attachments
IMG_3144.JPG

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

epigramophone wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:59 am I had the good fortune to meet and hear this lovely lady at one of Graham's gramophone gatherings.
Roger, I am green with envy!

Marco Gilardetti
Victor IV
Personal Text: F. Depero, "Grammofono", 1923.

Post by Marco Gilardetti »

Thanks for the link; the clip was interesting, amusing and well done. I have to admit that the fact itself that a lady managed to get no less than an EMG in order to better listen to historical recordings and learn from them, is more than enough to catch my attention.

Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to fully understand and enjoy her point of view. While I understand why she dislikes the stentorean muscular duet (and - as unqualified as I am - in turn I consider it obviously overdone), on the other hand I wouldn't classify the historical recording of the duet played on the EMG as exceptionally memorable, in particular the pitch sounds remarkably unstable to my ears.

Conversely, I don't think I really get why the early music take of Haendel's Messiah is still not acceptable.

But again, I'm definitely not qualified at this, no understatement here.

Upstairs at Graham's is always a heavenly sight; blessed those who are admitted there and can chat with all the interesting personalities that gravitate around his house. :rose: