2023 CAROLINA ANTIQUE MUSIC AND PHONOGRAPH SHOW

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fonograph
Victor II

2023 CAROLINA ANTIQUE MUSIC AND PHONOGRAPH SHOW

Post by fonograph »

The Carolina Antique Music and Phonograph Society (CAMPS) has joined forces with the Carolinas Chapter of Antique Wireless Association to bring you a PHONOGRAPH/RADIO show to the Carolinas!! This is an attempt to fill the void left by the Orlando Show which (sadly) has been discontinued. This will be the only phonograph show to be held in the Southeast.

When: March 23-25, 20023
Where: Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel (just minutes from CLT Airport)
Cost: Room Rate has been discounted to $119 for show participants (regularly $199 per night)
Early Buyers pay just $25 Thursday and Friday. Admission is FREE on Saturday
Vendor tables are just $50 (first come first serve)
What to expect: Dealers in the Carolinas and surrounding area that do not set up at the Chicago or NJ shows. TONS of records, machines, parts, you name it...

AS A BONUS...Those who are in attendance are also invited to a private showing of one of the most exquisite collections in the world. This collection contains representatives of all known E. Berliner machines, the largest collection of Amet machines, Edison coin -ops, treadle machines and shavers, early record collection, one of kind Columbia Exposition machines, dealer signs and advertising, AND an actual Francis Barraud painting of His Masters Voice!! Oh yeah, and a plethora of band organs and orchestrions.

See the attached brochure for additional details.

Come join us this year.....you wont be disappointed!!
Attachments
2023 Conf Brochure.pdf
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 287 times

Lee
Victor I

Re: 2023 CAROLINA ANTIQUE MUSIC AND PHONOGRAPH SHOW

Post by Lee »

Thanks for the reminder! :)

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I'm going for sure because why not--this is 30 miles closer than the Mooresville swap. Do we need to register ahead of time or at the door?

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

It's cheaper if you register ahead of time. If your getting a table I wouldn't wait too long because we're limited to 25 indoor. Unlimited outdoor tables.

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

I hate to jinx it... :? But, I may try to make it to this one.... finally. I really need to rent a table. I have some project machines I may never get to and I would rather pass them along to fellow collectors at a fair price instead of a local auction house, where I am sure they will be destined for some sort of awkward re-purposing project if they sell too cheap. Ha! My brother even has a stash of early radios that have been in storage. Maybe, I will convince him to let me grab some and bring those, too - for the radio crowd. It's all about getting these items into the right hands! I guess I am kind of sentimental....

We'll see.... ;) There is still a lot of time between now and March 23rd... :?

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Dont jinx us Granby but we would love to have you. Last year the vendor beside me brought some old radios and sold them all. I had some old microphones and sold them as well. Plus, I was able to buy some pretty cool phonos, records and advertising memorabilia from the radio guys. Its actually a pretty good marriage.
Bob

dzavracky
Victor IV
Personal Text: college collector

Post by dzavracky »

I am going to try my best to attend the show. I won't be able to drive up until later friday because of my college classes. Looking forward to my first show!

I am considering bringing the full barrel/triumph I restored if anyone would be interested in seeing it.

Cheers,

David

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

I have a question regarding the brochure, Is Thursday just forums with no actual buying or selling until Friday? Is there typically a good offering of phonograph items? Thanks Larry

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Yes Thursday is a forum and dealer set up day. But the early buyers admission will get you into both. Friday am will actually be two shows, an indoor phonograph show and sale and an outdoor flea market with (mostly) radio equipment and the like, but typically you will find phonos, records, music boxes, etc. Ive bought some really good stuff from radio shows in the past. They try to cater to our hobby as we try to cater to theirs. I can give you a dealer count hopefully this week sometime.
Bob

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Mark the date.....

Only 10 more days until the 2023 Carolina Antique Music and Phonograph Show