Repro cygnet horns and cranes?

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
mjbarnes
Victor Jr

Repro cygnet horns and cranes?

Post by mjbarnes »

Is there a source for reproduction cygnet horns and cranes? Thanks.

Raphael
Victor IV

Re: Repro cygnet horns and cranes?

Post by Raphael »

Per our website:

“We have an inventory of newly-made oak and mahogany Edison horns, beautifully finished and with decals applied. Unfinished oak horns are also in stock. These are exact reproductions suitable for installation and upgrading of your Edison Opera or Triumph. Made in Peru and imported solely by us, these horns are considered to be the best ever made. We offer fast shipping, and each horn is blanket-wrapped and double-boxed, assuring safe arrival to your home.

We also have a limited supply of horn elbows for Operas and Triumphs which will be available only to horn purchasers. Our stock consists of mahogany Opera, oak Cygnet, and some unpainted ones as well.”

These can be purchased directly by contacting me at: raphaelcole@gmail.com

We do not stock any cranes.

Raphael

BigC
Victor I

Post by BigC »

The answer is yes and no, Raphael has a good source of reproduction horns the only thing is that those horns have a silver collar and original horns have a brass collar. Not a deal breaker because they look great. Right now there is nobody selling reproduction cranes. I contacted The Phonograph Shop and was told that eventually they will get some again. Unfortunately the only source right now is from other members or ebay. Good luck on your search.

mjbarnes
Victor Jr

Post by mjbarnes »

Raphael -- Thank you. I have noted your extraordinarily beautiful horns. Right now I would prefer to buy an 11-panel metal cygnet horn. Cheers.

Pete Stratford
Victor II

Post by Pete Stratford »

Just a note that when Musical Americana was selling complete reproduction cygnet horns they cost more then you could buy an original for. The benefit was they were dent and rust free so if you wanted to do a wood grain finish they were perfect

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

BigC wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:00 pm Raphael has a good source of reproduction horns the only thing is that those horns have a silver collar and original horns have a brass collar.
??? My original Opera horn has a nickel plated, ("silver"), collar.

mjbarnes
Victor Jr

Post by mjbarnes »

When Musical Americana closed, did it leave any residual stock?

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

All of Musical Americana's remaining stock was taken over by Brian Parlier at The Phonograph Shop.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

PM sent.

Jerry B.

KCW
Victor II

Post by KCW »

I love cygnet horns. I’ve got a few black ten panel horns and one wood grained metal 11 panel for my Truimph. I’ve seen Raphael’s wooden reproduction and they are absolutely amazing looking. Truly truly stunning! If you haven’t seen them, even if you’re not going to buy one you should take a look. There’s nothing else out there like them.