Odeon Reproducer?

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Lah Ca
Victor IV

Odeon Reproducer?

Post by Lah Ca »

I went out to pickup an item from a Facebook Marketplace seller, who never showed up, BTW. I was in an area of the city where I had not previously been and I was early for the no-show meeting, so I went into an antiques/junk store and poked about for 15 minutes or so. I found an unknown portable in dreadful shape, no lid, battered, non-functional, etc. It did, however, have a decent looking tone arm and reproducer. The arm needed some TLC, but only cleaning and lubrication. The reproducer was quite interesting and appeared to be of a fairly high quality build.

The owner of the shop noted my interest in the machine and told me its price while sort of hinting that he was open to offers.

What do we know about this reproducer, an Odeon Grand?
Screenshot from 2024-06-06 15-25-47.png
Screenshot from 2024-06-06 15-25-17.png
Screenshot from 2024-06-06 15-25-17.png (379.68 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

CarlosV
Victor IV

Re: Odeon Reproducer?

Post by CarlosV »

That Odeon Grand soundbox is German, and I have seen others with similar or identical design, but badged differently, like Parlophon (both brands are from the same manufacturer). I have one of these fitted on a small table top German machine.

Lah Ca
Victor IV

Re: Odeon Reproducer?

Post by Lah Ca »

CarlosV wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:19 am That Odeon Grand soundbox is German, and I have seen others with similar or identical design, but badged differently, like Parlophon (both brands are from the same manufacturer). I have one of these fitted on a small table top German machine.
Thank you.