Vic 1

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

Vic 1

Post by Zeppy »

Well, considering this is a phonograph board, I thought I'd dig the pictures of my Vic 1 and let it be the first phonograph to grace the pages of our new home...sure, I shared the pictures a just last week...but we do need to get the phonograph thing rolling, don't we?

Neophone
Victor III

Re: Vic 1

Post by Neophone »

Zeppy,

BRAVO! Our first Featured Phonograph (unofficial)! Thank you!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Neophone wrote:Zeppy,

BRAVO! Our first Featured Phonograph (unofficial)! Thank you!

Regards,
John
Well, it is a phonograph board....need at least pictures of one phonograph, don't we?

Once you start the ball rolling again, I'll fill out all the requisite description forms again, and make it "official"

:D

richardh

Post by richardh »

Just looking back at the first machine featured here...I am amazed at how clean many of the US machines are. Is it easy to find good examples of machines in the US or are these just the few lucky survivals.

BTW - nice machine Zeppy.

RJ 8-)

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Richard, I think the nice stuff is hard to find everywhere and you have to pay for it. Nices machines in the US bring markedly more than mediocre examples of the same machine do. I think that's a world wide phenomenon (or should I say phonomenon :lol: ) though.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

I think "nice examples" turn up more frequently in the USA thanks to basements & attics.
Over here, I've seen 2 houses with an attic in my entire life, and heard of one house with a basement. Machines here either sit in a living area of a house where they've been exposed to household traffic for 80 or 90 yrs, or they're thrown in a garage or garden shed & are exposed to less than desirable conditions.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Oddly enough, my machine had to be purchased in parts, so although the case and motor came in near perfect original condition, someone had gone through a process of taking it apart and scattering the parts to the four corners of the earth. I don't know if the fact that it was taken apart meant that someone better stored what was left (easier to store), or if I would have expected a complete machine lost and forgetten to be in better condition.

Either way, someone stored this machine relatively carefully, or just forgot about it in an environment condusive to protecting the machine.

cweastlick
Victor II

Post by cweastlick »

Hi,
I know this is an older post but I just ran across it. I'm looking for a motor for my Victor I and I think I found one exactly like this. Could you send me more pics of the motor for your Victor I?
Thanks so much.
Charles E.
P.S. could I bother you for measurements between the mounting holes on the motor board?

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

This article may be of help:

http://www.antiquephono.org/victorvictr ... ld-braker/

George P.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

I'll gladly add pictures and measurements in the next couple days....feel free to message me as well if you have any other questions about the machine...