Victrola Second Hand Special License

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

Victrola Second Hand Special License

Post by Zeppy »

Just thought I'd share...now that I finally have reattached the left side of the label to the bottom of the machine. I found the right side of the label in the drawer of the VTLA, and it wasn't until I started stripping the machine did I find the left part (I had no idea where they attached these things). It's missing a few chunks, but you still don't see these every day.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Victrola Second Hand Special License

Post by Valecnik »

I've seen these before but I always thought that it was cool they hung onto this licensing concept even for second hand machines. Note the date on the "second hand" label is still only 1910! This one got traded in pretty early, or perhaps could it have been a demo in a shop that they retagged? Cool.

Btw how's your little "GEM" doing? Are you sleeping at all?

Zeppy
Victor III

Re: Victrola Second Hand Special License

Post by Zeppy »

Valecnik wrote:I've seen these before but I always thought that it was cool they hung onto this licensing concept even for second hand machines. Note the date on the "second hand" label is still only 1910! This one got traded in pretty early, or perhaps could it have been a demo in a shop that they retagged? Cool.

Btw how's your little "GEM" doing? Are you sleeping at all?
Could always be an old label? However, they did write it down as a XVI rather than VTLA, so that puts a couple of years between its manufacture date, and the date of the label (which could theoretically be 1910). Who knows?

The little Gem is greating us relatively well. I nomrally didn't get more the 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night, so it's not too much adjustment...although it is much harder to focus on either work, school...or my projects...at the moment.