Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Frankenphone- with interesting parts

Post by estott »

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Victor-Talking-Mach ... 240%3A1318

Appears that a VV-VI hornless has been made into a back mount- and is that the tone arm and mount from a Schoolhouse Victor?

Amberola 1-A
Victor II

Re: Frankenphone- with interesting parts

Post by Amberola 1-A »

It certainly appears to be. A tough part to come by if you needed one!

:clover:
Check with your dealer for the latest Edison Records!

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Nice default photo—definitely something looks off when you have a table-top with doors open and a horn that doesn’t look like it belongs laying next to it.

At least the seller in this case is saner than most of these that I’ve seen, and is starting the bidding at $50.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
eBay Item #200315702442

Victor Talking Machine VV-VI with BRASS HORN, Victrola

Nice old Victor Talking Machine, Model VV-VI, serial number 214077P. This has been in my parents attic untouched for over 30 years. Don't know anything about these, but it looks to be in great shape. The wood case is very nice and the table top spins when I press the button on the top. The inside of the case is also very nice and looks to have had little to know use over the years. The crank and the needle arm look good as well. I have a horn in the photo that my Mother said came with it when she bought it way back when. The bottom of the case is very nice with two pressed certificates that are in very respectable shape given the machines age. Not sure what these sell for, so will start it off at $50.00 which seems like a bargain for something so nice and so old. Domestic shipping only for this item, buyer to pay for insurance and packing. Thanks for looking and happy bidding!!!!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Viva-Tonal
Victor II

Post by Viva-Tonal »

And there's nothing to angle the horn toward the listener....did they use this thing with that brass horn pointing straight up? :?

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Viva-Tonal wrote:...did they use this thing with that brass horn pointing straight up? :?
You mean it’s not one of the rare Victor Ceiling-Reflector models? :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

This is not just any Frankenphone, it's THE Franken Phone!!!!
Frankenphone.JPG

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Very nice—I wonder if Colin Clive has found the listing yet.

— MordEth

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi
Does anybody know what the horn was originally off? I'm still in the market for a horn for my Victor pre dog MS front mount.
Regards Marcel

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

OMG, nowadays they call these "Upgraded Phonographs" :D

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Can't quite make out the end of the horn...

Also interesting...the motor on the machine. Looks like a circa 1914 XIV/XVI motor (either with the exposed speed needle or the large window).