Mexican Edison 2 min. cylinder record!!!

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
max_phenol
Victor O

Mexican Edison 2 min. cylinder record!!!

Post by max_phenol »

Hi,

I'm wondering how rare these Mexican Edison Gold Moulded cylinders really are. I had never seen one before I bought some from a guy in the UK. I have exchanged most with collecting friends, but have one on eBay right now. To my surprise the interest is ... very low - no bid on it yet. I thought I have something really nice and rare to offer.

The item number is 300988432360. I also have two other nice cylinders on eBay right now. Auctions end on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cheers
Helmut
Attachments
eBay_edison_mexican_18900_1.jpg
Last edited by max_phenol on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodpickett
Victor II

Re: Mexican Edison 2 min. cylinder record!!!

Post by rodpickett »

These are not mega-rage as the listing suggests and they do appear on eBay from time-to-time. The one you reference has some minor mold issues, but the original box is nice and is not as common. It might be worth the $50 just to get the box, but not much more than that - at least in my opinion.

The more rare Mexican cylinder is the 2-minute Blue Amberol version, which can bring substantially more.

max_phenol
Victor O

Re: Mexican Edison 2 min. cylinder record!!!

Post by max_phenol »

Actually that's what I meant - the Spanish language box is mega rare, especially in this condition. I don't know how often Mexican cylinder without a box show up on eBay, probably occasionally.

I am a collector of all different kind of cylinder boxes, so I don't care too much about the content of a record. And to my knowledge these boxes to the Mexican series Edison Gold Moulded cylinders are really hard to find. This one is a quite nice one too.

So, anyone interested in having a really rare box in his collection, don't by shy - place your bid! ;-)