Record Label Transparencies

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Record Label Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

This time around, at least, I can put this thread in the Music section; I was thinking that the last time around it really should be here, but I did not want to move it.

I’m going to open with some new content created from Fredrik’s label scans uploaded to Wikipedia and used with his permission.

All of these images are now available as avatars, as well.

Your friendly internet daemon,

MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Fredrik
Victor O

Re: Record Label Transparencies

Post by Fredrik »

Nice work, David!

I must say that I',m rather proud some of those scans. Did some afterwork in Photoshop that even made them look better than the originals... :twisted:

Fredrik
Desperately seeking more storage space!

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Fredrik wrote:I must say that I',m rather proud some of those scans. Did some afterwork in Photoshop that even made them look better than the originals... :twisted:
Fredrik,

I didn’t end up doing all that much to them; mostly that was your scan quality.

I need to grab more of your images before I fly home; I’ll probably end up working on more on the plane. I’ve had the gallery page open in a tab in Firefox since you gave me the URL.

Stay tuned for more label scans.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

This is a repost from 5 January, 2009 @ 0:05:

Earlier this evening I posted these two scans, both of which were done for John’s YouTube channel, and in particular I am very fond of I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles (Edison DD 50585-R) as performed by the Tuxedo Dance Orchestra, played on John’s H-19:

Tonight’s second feature is Dumbell (Edison Re-Creation
51104-R), as performed by the Broadway Dance Orchestra (also played on John’s H-19):

Enjoy.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

This is a re-posting of the labels graciously provided by 3victrolas:

As noted previously, they are all available in the avatar gallery (view the ‘labels’ set'; unfortunately, I cannot link it directly).

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I still have quite a few labels to get back up, but while I am thinking about it, here were the two from Coyote:

(Since these were cut from larger images, the images above are linked to their respective larger versions.)

And as previously noted, they can also be found in the stock avatar gallery, under the ‘labels’ category.

I have quite a few to get back up from phonophan79, also.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Thanks to solophoneman, here are 4 more cut-out images that I would like to re-post:

All four labels can be found among the stock avatar gallery, in the ‘labels’ category.

I still have quite a few more images to get up, and a lot more labels that I want to cut—but then there are quite a few different labels from which to choose.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here are a few more from the Neophone collection:

Like the other images in this thread, these are all found under the ‘labels’ category of the stock avatar gallery.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

This image is entirely Norman’s work, credited when he was still TypeQ and not WDC.

Regardless of what name he uses, he still does great work, and I cannot thank him enough for all of the avatar images that he donated. So please go visit The Cylinder Archive (his website) and thank him yourself. ;)

(Click on the image or this link for a 2000 x 2000 pixel PNG version.)

Needless to say, he kindly made us an avatar of it, as well.

Thanks again!

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

If I remember correctly, this was one of Brad’s favorite labels:

...and can also be found for your use in the stock avatar gallery.

— MordEth