Found: HMV 32 / 34 Spring barrel or parts motor

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here
kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Found: HMV 32 / 34 Spring barrel or parts motor

Post by kirtley2012 »

I'm currently rebuilding a HMV 34 motor but one of the spring barrels has had a failure, the little lip that holds the spring has bent up and broken, so I'm in need of another spring barrel, I don't really need any other parts other than the barrel itself, though if it had a complete spring in it then that would save me tempering and fixing the original, a rough 32 or 34 motor that I can buy whole and harvest the spring barrel from that would be fine also

cheers

Skihawx
Victor III

Re: Found: HMV 32 / 34 Spring barrel or parts motor

Post by Skihawx »

I don't know if motors from the US are similar, or if it is worth shipping across the pond, but I have some early Victor spring barrels around. If I had a picture of what you are looking for it may help.

soundgen
Victor VI

Post by soundgen »

found ? The 34 spring barrels are different , they are mirror images of one another , if the spring barrel that is broken is the same one as the 32 you are OK BUT if it is the mirror image barrel you still have a problem

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Post by kirtley2012 »

The damaged barrel was the one that matches the one on the 32, a tired 32 motor was found and it's barrel transplanted into the 34 motor, this was the motor for the HMV 511 now running